Wednesday 2 November 2016

Google it.

Google it This is the answer to many questions in those days. When it was so and so born? When this movie? How to download?

Simple solution Google this, Google, and yes I think this is Google.


The question that plays on my mind, is how hell do we ever live without the Internet?

It seems to me that money does not make the world revolve, marvelous invention of the Internet in about a controversial 1989, my friend, that makes the world rotate.

Just try and remember a time before the internet existed? I know that the fight too all that I can see some vague memories of a scampering through the 2000 pages of the encyclopedia that I could hardly rise from the earth to find information about the Tudors or cotton mills to the school subjects. Then along came the Internet song about a happy day springs to mind. One click of the mouse, in conjunction with the invention of the reduction and home pages, life could not be much simpler. Although some of the older generation, would be to think that the mission can not be but lets not go there.

This causes me to ask again What would we have without the Internet?

I can remember several times in the past, say 5 or so years, when my internet went kaput. Days of AOL dial up, I must say, not at all missed, as far as I am concerned, America can keep it hot Internet it works, it does not work too many mood swings for my soul. And yet I am almost ashamed to say that AOL for an indefinite oscillation of mood, do not hold me to try my utmost hardest to try to restore the connection when it was lost (which was about ¾ of the time) because, as I said, the Internet makes the world spin, and it must be installed for peace OK, I exaggerate, but who does not.

In fact, we rely on Internet more than we know, and we only seem to understand this, when we loose connection that is always at a time when we get a network and then, when we are once again in connection with the urgency that we absolutely had to get online to do this is not quite so urgent anymore.

I understand that this should not be advertising, but what hey the next time someone asks you a question, and you automatically respond say Google it appreciate the fact that we must not bury our heads in the brick, like the encyclopedia to find the answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment